Saturday, February 12, 2011

Frog in the Pond

Frog in the Pond

Lately we have had some hot days down here in Adelaide and this little house of mine can't take the heat. We have one small wall air-conditioner in the study/play room and that is it. So while this room turns into a freezer, the other rooms in the house are like saunas. Especially poor little Zoe's room - it must be the hottest room of all. I seriously don't know she manages to sleep in there on our really hot days, the air gets so thick you could cut it with a knife.

So feeling sorry for my little lady I decided to give her a little treat for dessert a week or so ago - and what better way to treat a toddler than with a frog in the pond? Nice cold jelly with a chocolate treat to boot.

Frog in the Pond
Makes 2

1 packet of jelly (either lime green or blue blueberry)
2 chocolate frogs
  1. Make jelly according to the directions on the packet.
  2. Once jelly is set divide into two bowls.
  3. Add a chocolate frog to each.

And since I'm sure there are many more hot summer days to come - any tips for keeping an old house cool? Or how to keep your baby and toddler cool?

6 comments:

By the Bluegrass said...

How adorable and the perfect dessert for hot weather. I grew up in an unconditioned house. I couldn't do it today. Although, it is freezing cold here. Some "hot" sounds gooood to me, now!

By the Bluegrass said...

bahahaha...I meant un-air conditioned!
xo,
Sena

All That's Left Are The Crumbs said...

I miss Fredo Frogs. This is such a cute dessert. I hope that the weather cools down soon for you.

Lulu froufrou said...

our house is old and when the air con was on the blink I used a spray bottle of water or a wet towel over a fan to cool the air.
That jelly looks yum!!

Kat said...

I love frog in a pond! I made my mum make them for my birthday...that being my 23rd birthday! Yes, I am still a child at heart.

oneordinaryday said...

Fun idea and super cute.

If you have access to a block of ice or can make one by freezing water in a big container, you can place it in front of a fan and create your own air conditioner. Good luck beating the heat!