1. Yeah Happy New Year...Now Who's Gonna' Clean This Mess Up!, 2. Happy Day, 3. Happy Girls Under a Rainbow, 4. happy snow, 5. Fox and Pippie/"Happy Together", 6. Happy New year!, 7. I'm singing in the rain...Just singing in the rain...What a glorious feeling!!!I`m happy again!, 8. I'm so happy!, 9. Happy army
Friday, February 27, 2009
Thursday, February 26, 2009
- Combine paprika and 1 teaspoon of turmeric in a bowl. Coat the pieces of chicken in the spices and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chorizo, onion and garlic. Cook for 4 minutes or until chorizo is light golden. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add remaining oil to the pan. Cook chicken on one side for 4 minutes or until golden. Turn over and cook for a further 3 minutes. Add 1 cup of stock to the pan and reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 8 minutes. Remove the lid. Boil gently, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until almost all liquid has evaporated.
- Combine 2 cups of remaining stock and remaining turmeric in a jug. Add rice, tomatoes and stock mixture to pan. Stir to combine. Return to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until almost all liquid is absorbed.
- Add peas, chorizo mixture and remaining stock. Simmer for 5 minutes or until stock is just absorbed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Crumble meringue with fingers into the cream and stir to combine.
- Gently mash the berries with a fork.
- Add the berries and white chocolate, and stir to combine.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Monday, February 23, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
1. Miss Retro Clock 2007, 2. Clock, 3. Vintage Orange Crush lighted Pam clock, 4. clock - craft 365 - day 178, 5. 10:06 = time for a new clock, 6. Genie III - wall&clock, 7. nelson spindle clock, 8. robot clock, 9. Clock Tower in Paris
Thursday, February 19, 2009
I started these pots a long time ago, but because of the pregnancy and little Z I just haven't got around to finishing them. Now that Zoe is settling down a bit I am going to finish these off during her day time naps, plant them up and then put them next to our front door. Hopefully they don't take too long to finish.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
My darling husband gave me a lovely bunch of flowers for Valentine's day. They got delivered yesterday since we were in Mildura on the weekend and I must say they have really brightened up my day. Love you honey!
On another note Zoe is 4 months old today - where has that time gone?
Monday, February 16, 2009
Sunday, February 15, 2009
We are back from our weekend away and we all had a rocking time. We attended a charity event for the Victorian bush fires on Saturday. The event held an auction with all proceeds going to the Red Cross. A huge $20,000 was raised and we made our contribution by purchasing a box of twelve bottles of wine.
The event also had Jackson Firebird play a set (check them out on myspace). The loud music meant that Zoe got to test out her awesome pink protective head phones. They worked a treat - there will be no hearing damage for our little Z.
Friday, February 13, 2009
1. favorite knife, 2. Black Death Cruxes, 3. Reflecting candlelight in black and white, 4. I thought Love was Black and White, 5. The Black Door of Horror..., 6. " BLACK & WHITE ", 7. Black cat, 8. Evening Fog, Black & White Version, 9. Harvest on Black
Thursday, February 12, 2009
I have been dreaming of making my own plush design for some time now and I think that Clive the deer is the right candidate for it. I am making the basic nude Clive to start with (how naughty!), and then sometime down the track I will introduce some special editions, but I won't give away too much about that yet - I've got to leave something as a surprise!
So this week I have come up with the first version of the pattern, cut out the fabric (don't fear - the final version will not have a flowery head), embroidered the face and pinned together the pieces. Now I just hope that Zoe gives me a few spare moments so that I can sew this baby up!
I will post my progress shots of Clive as he comes along. Nothing like a blog to stop you from procrastinating.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Monday, February 9, 2009
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Friday, February 6, 2009
1. sweet dessert tonight, 2. And for your Dessert....., 3. Friday Afternoon Dessert, 4. I Found my Summer Dessert, 5. Yogurt Dessert, 6. Summer Dessert, 7. Desserts: Row upon Row, 8. quick dessert for unexpected guests, 9. Way tooo late/early for dessert
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Over the last couple of weeks I have been busy designing, sketching and carving out some lino (well actually it is vinyl) to make some cards for my future etsy shop. At the moment I am working on three different designs and plan to sell them separately and also as a set of three. Now that I have finished the carving stage I am looking forward to choosing my ink and card colours and doing some test prints. I will continue to keep you all updated as I make progress.
There are also a few more things in the pipeline but I'll save that for another WIP Thursday.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Last night after ogling cupcakes on a few of my favourite blogs (Cupcakes take the cake, I heart cuppycakes and CakeSpy) I did some googling for cupcake shops in Adelaide. As far as I knew there were none in Adelaide and it was starting to depress me a little bit. But, what do you know I found three shops here in Adelaide and I am super excited to try them all out!
- Miss Cupcakes - they mainly do online orders of 12 or more cupcakes OR you can go to the Gilles Street Markets to get individual cupcakes.
- Pink Frosting - at 377 Greenhill Road, Toorak Gardens
- American Candy Stand Cupcake Cafe - at Shop 6 224 The Parade, Norwood
Monday, February 2, 2009
I've always been curious about red velvet cake - it is something that we don't really have here in Australia, so every time I have seen it blogged about I have thought to myself that I really want to give it a try. So this week I did just that. I used the recipe from Cookie Madness and unfortunately I don't know if I did something wrong but they didn't turn out very well at all. The cake itself is not really sweet and there was way too much icing/frosting for the 16 cupcakes that the mixture made.
So my first attempt at red velvet cake can be deemed as a failure :( but perhaps I shouldn't give up just yet. Maybe I should try some more recipes - or perhaps I got some of my measurements wrong? I was very hot, flustered and rushed when I baked these.
Is red velvet cake usually sweet or did I make a boo-boo?
Sunday, February 1, 2009
I've been meaning to buy and try these German gingerbread biscuits for a while now and I finally did yesterday. May I say that they are awesome - not too sweet, soft and chewy :). My local supermarket has a great spread of different international biscuits and cakes, so I am going to sample them whenever I have a bit of spare cash.
Now back to my episode of Fringe - Mat and I have moved our mattress into the lounge room due to the heat wave and are currently enjoying watching a few Fringe episodes.