Thursday, September 17, 2009

Creative Thursday


Finally my two chicken cross stitches are completed! These darn chickens took along time for me to finish. So I have to be honest with you - I am very, very glad that they are finally done - I am over them! I will hopefully hang them up in the kitchen over the weekend and take some more pics of them then, but until then check out some of the detail...

My favourite part are the curly tail feathers - cute!

Look at all of those perfect looking stitches.

Just don't look at the back of these chickens because then you will really see my total lack of neat stitching skills.

10 comments:

Anon said...

You did a great job! I know how hard it is to maintain enthusiasm, and nice even stitches, throughout a cross stitch!

apparentlyjessy said...

Those sure are some very perfect stitches! I love the colours you have used on both chickies, you should be very proud to hang them in your kitchen, they are lovely!

Anonymous said...

You've done a great job!

Fiesta Saurus Rex said...

Lack of neat stitching skills?

Your front stitches seem to be im'peck'able (couldn't help myself)! Who cares about the back - the fronts are beautiful - I love the colours.

Becky Farley said...

WOW I'm super impressed! They turned out awesome! Shush about the stitches - they are perfect!!! Where are you going to put them? The tail is my favorite too!

Fiesta Saurus Rex - you're funny! ;)

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

The back doesn't matter as the front is absolutely gorgeous!

boots said...

WOW all i can say is wow! i am so jealous of your stitching skills!!!! i am almost finished with my second cross stitch piece, a rose, and it is not coming out 1/2 as neat as yours! anyway, i can't wait till monday, and maybe you could share your cross stitch pattern with us jel ladies.

Elissa said...

They look great, you have put a lot of work into them. I think your stitching is perfect, they look very tight and smooth and I love the colours.

Patricia Scarpin said...

I love cross stitch, but my backs are always ugly.

Those chickens are just too cute! Love the bold colors you used.

Chantel said...

They look great! I think they are going to look awesome in your kitchen. Look forward to you showing us!

I hate it when some projects just take that little bit toooo long. Well done on persevering and finishing them off :)