Thursday, September 10, 2009

Creative Thursday


My mum came to visit the other day and brought me a lovely big stash of threads and needles that my grandma used to own. Don't they all look pretty together! Now I actually need to do some sewing at some stage to use my massive thread collection, but not until I have finished my current projects. I always start too many things at one time and take forever to finish them.


Speaking of current projects, I have decided to cut out the rest of my cupcake lino prints to make them into gift tags. I still need to hole punch them all - but would you believe I don't have a hole punch?! What kind of stationery lover am I?


Another ongoing project is my cross stitched chicken and it is getting there slowly. I hope to have it finished by next week and I must say I am looking forward to having it over and done with.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would love to see your cross stitch when you are done!! I'm hoping to be able to get back into it one day soon.

Amanda said...

I'm having a bit of a creative Thursday myself. I went to the craft store just to browse and I ended up spending a bit of money on some things that will hopefully bring some quirky charm to my very empty apartment. I'll blog it if it works out. :)

Becky Farley said...

Oh thread!! Love some colorful thread! Your idea for the tags is perfect!!!! Now I really must do Lino :)

I can't wait to see that chicken all finished! That is so much work!

Elissa said...

That is a great picture of the thread, and turning the lino into gift tags sounds like a wonderful idea. Looking forward to seeing the completed cross stitch.

Chantel said...

The thread does look pretty!

You did such an amazing job with the cupcake prints.

I laughed when you wrote about not having a hole punch, just sounded really funny. You can get really cool like picture punches these days, I'm sure you've seen them.

Ohh the chicken! I hate it when projects drag on a little too long, takes the fun out of it a little bit hey?

They are going to look awesome side by side :)