1. Chicken and mushroom ravioli with cherry tomatoes, broccoli and basil pesto.
2. Scrambled eggs with tomato, mushroom and parsley.
3. Ham, salad and hommus sandwich on wholemeal bread.
We have been trying to eat healthy this week and so far we are doing pretty well - but eating healthy definitely comes at a price! The cost of groceries is so expensive at the moment it is quite depressing. Oh well, at least the watermelon makes me feel better - so sweet and juicy at the moment, yum!
Again if you want any recipes let me know and I'll post them up.
What was the food highlight of your week?
ETA a recipe...
Ravioli with Pesto and Broccoli (from Healthy Food Guide - October 2009)
3 cups broccoli florets
400 g chicken and mushroom ravioli
3 tbsp basil pesto
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
green salad, to serve
- Cook broccoli in boiling water for 2 minutes. Add ravioli. Cook following packed directions. Drain and return to pan.
- Stir in pesto and oil. Add tomatoes and toss. Serve with salad.