1. Maple pork with chilli beans and spinach
2. Wholemeal muffin with tomato and cheese
3. Beef schnitzel with mushroom gravy and chips
4. Weet-bix with sultanas and milk
Just to change things up a bit I thought I would provide some proof that I actually do eat savoury dishes once in a while. So from now on I'll post the culinary highlights from the week that was, and if you want I can provide recipes (if like me, you do sometimes eat a savoury dish).
So this is what I've been eating this past week - some delicious pork, a couple of yummy breakfasts and a wonderful pub lunch.
What were the stand out dishes for you this week?
ETA - Sue requested the recipe for Maple pork so here it is:
Maple Pork with Chilli Mixed Beans (from Healthy Food Guide - October 2009)
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
600g pork cutlets
olive oil cooking spray
1 medium onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
pinch dried chilli flakes
2 bunches English spinach, trimmed and coarsely chopped
400g can four-bean mix, drained and rinsed
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Place maple syrup, dijon mustard and parsley in a small bowl. Add pork. Toss to coat.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook pork, brushing with maple syrup mixture, for 4-5 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Spray a medium saucepan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add spinach, beans and tomato. Cook until spinach has wilted and beans are heated through.
- Serve pork with chilli mixed beans.