1. Carrot and lentil dhal with pita bread and garden salad.
2. Salad sandwich with cottage cheese.
3. Weet-bix with sultanas and skim milk.
4. Lamb pita pizza with mint yoghurt.
It has been super hot here this week. Yesterday it got to 44C (111F)! So we have been having lots of salads and icy-cold milk on cereal in the mornings. Thank goodness the cool change has finally arrived.
What has been the highlight in your week of food?
ETACarrot and Red Lentil Dhal ( from Healthy Food Guide - October 2009)
500g carrot, grated
500ml vegetable stock
1/2 cup red lentils, washed
2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
2 tsp curry powder
low-fat natural yoghurt, to serve
pita bread, to serve
green salad, to serve
- Spray a saucepan with oil. Over medium heat cook carrot for 10 minutes.
- Add stock, water and lentils and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in peanut butter and curry powder. Season. Simmer until thickened. Serve with yoghurt and pita bread, with salad or stir fry vegies.