Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Happy 27th Birthday to Me!


It was my birthday on the weekend and I got spoilt as per usual. The day started off at 5:30am when Mat brought Zoe in to bed for her morning breastfeed - then he took her into the lounge room so that I could have a lovely little sleep in.

After getting the grocery shopping done my mum, Mat, Zoe and I packed up and headed to Hahndorf (a little place in the Adelaide hills) to have lunch, buy some bum burners (very hot sausages) and wander through the lolly shops.

We finished up the day relaxing on the couch, eating lollies for dinner, crying through Marley and Me and drinking caffiene free Diet Coke. Very healthy!

I was lucky to get some lovely gifts - my new digital camera (which Mat gave me a month early), some books to help me figure out said camera, new perfume, pretty underwear, a few singlets, a beautiful pink felted scarf, $28 worth of lollies and some spending money. Thanks everyone!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had such a great day! Mine was great too. I also can't believe how sad Marley & Me is! I saw it about a month ago and wasn't prepared for how much it would make me cry.

alissa said...

happy birthday! wohoo for leos :)
sounds like a fabulous day!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday!

(I agree that low key birthday celebrations are the best.)

drollgirl said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh! happy birthday! i hope the celebration continues for a long time!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like a lovely day : )

Red Boots said...

Happy happy birthday! Sounds like you had a fantastic day! x

claradevi said...

Happy birthday! I just came here while ago from For The Easily Distracted. Your blog is wonderful :)

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Lovely!
Sounds like you got spoiled and now I want lollies ;)
xoox

Chantel said...

Happy Birthday for the weekend! That day sounds kind of perfect to me. I so love Hahndorf!

Hope you had a sugar high after all those lollies :P

Chantel said...

Happy Birthday for the weekend! That day sounds kind of perfect to me. I so love Hahndorf!

Hope you had a sugar high after all those lollies :P

Tina Tarnoff said...

Happy Birthday!! The way you spent it sounds wonderful. Lollies for dinner sound wonderful too, but I'm not sure about those bum burners! Althoug I love the name! Ha!

apparentlyjessy said...

Happy Birthday Alicia! Glad to see you had a nice day! I love Hahndorf for the lollies, aaand the German bakery!

Becky Farley said...

:) very happy (late) birthday! Sounds like a great birthday! Are lollies candy? I'm guessing yes :)

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

Happy belated birthay! Gosh you were so spoiled! :) That definately makes it worth it getting older! ;)

Mermaid Sews said...

Happy belated birthday, I hope it was a great one!