Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cake Planning

And so it begins...

I have been thinking about Zoe's 1st birthday party a lot lately, so much so that I have been dreaming about party themes and balloon colours. Yes, I have no life. That been said I have decided on a garden/spring/bug theme for the day and now of course the most important thing for me to work out is the birthday cake. I have decided that there will be a main birthday cake, cupcakes and a smash cake for Zoe to destroy. So now I just have to work out how I want to decorate them. So here are a few pretties I found on flickr today - time to get inspired!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want them all!!!!

Anon said...

Zoe will have the best birthday cake with such a talented Mum! I bet all of Zoe's friends would be so jealous, if only they were old enough to know it was their birthday, and what a cake was!

Sweetie said...

what a sweet collage! hte lady bug cupcakes are particularly adorable. i can't wait to see what you come up with. annie's eats blog has cute butterfly cupcakes and the sweetest kitchen made them recently as well.

Utica Herbalife said...

Cool cakes, look yummy!

Cari ♥ said...

I vote for lady bugs!! (not that you asked ;)

Tina Tarnoff said...

Unbelieveable cakes! I'm in love wih the alice in wonderland cupcakes.

And, I would have been so happy to have had a smash cake a s a kid. So much fun!

Can you be my mum! pleeeezzz!

Amanda said...

These are all really cute! Sadly, it looks like fondant is the name of the game these days. I need to get my buttercream-loving butt in gear! :)

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Wow all of those are really cute, but I'm totally crushin on the last pic with the sunshine and kite! :D

Elissa said...

What a great idea! I am loving the ladybug cupcakes, I can't wait to see what beautiful cakes you will create for the special day.

drollgirl said...

and one to smash!!! i love it!!!

and you have found some amazing cakes!!! these fabulous cakes were not around when i was a kid! LOVE THEM!

Chantel said...

What a good idea for the inspiration!! I cannot wait to see what you come up with.

Wow these are complete works of art!!

Becky Farley said...

Aww! How exciting! I like the number 1 bugs cake!

Mermaid Sews said...

Those are all so cool, I can't wait to see what you do.