Wednesday, December 23, 2009

On the eleventh day of Christmas (Chocolate Puddings)

Sorry for being absent of late! if I haven't told you already Emma (my beautiful big sister) has come back to Australia for Christmas, all the way from New York. So as you can imagine there has been a lot of catch up going on - especially since Em hadn't yet met Zoe, not that you could tell that now - since Zoe and Em are now best friends - lots of hugs and kisses are going on in this household. And I love it. So things are going to be a bit quiet on the blogging front for the next month - but I will try post at least a few times a week. And of course I have to finish my '12 Baking Days of Christmas' project.

I think the eleventh day of Christmas may in fact be the most awesome day - these chocolate pudding truffles are sooo delicious, they look incredibly cute and they are super easy to make! So give these a go, they make great gifts for friends and family - as long as you don't eat them all yourself first!


Chocolate Puddings (from Recipes+ - December 2008)
Makes 12 (I made mine smaller to get 24 instead)

1 cup dried apricots
1/2 cup raisins
2 tbsp orange juice (I omitted this)
375g dark chocolate, melted
3 cups plain cake crumbs (I used light fruit cake instead and 500g of it)
80g white chocolate, melted
1/3 cup red glace cherries, chopped (I just halved mine instead)
  1. Process apricots, raisins and orange juice until finely chopped.
  2. In a large bowl combine the fruit mixture, cake crumbs and half the melted dark chocolate. Shape mixture into 24 balls.
  3. Coat each ball in the remaining dark chocolate and leave to set.
  4. Drizzle the top of each ball with white chocolate and top with glace cherry. Leave to set.

And for something different you can instead coat each ball in white chocolate and then sprinkle with Christmas sprinkles, very festive...


Rating?
5 out of 5 reindeers!

11 comments:

oneordinaryday said...

I can't think of a better gift than being with my sisters for Christmas, so you go and enjoy every second.

Merry Christmas!
~Michelle

Future Grown-Up said...

Happy Holidays! I hope you and your sister have an awesome time together.

Ash said...

Oh how cute!

Have a great holiday!!

Rebecca said...

These are adorable, and I wish I could try one. :) Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Melanie's Randomness said...

Those look divine!! aww that's sweet about your sis! I hope she has a safe trip! Merry almost Christmas!!

Saltina said...

They are extremely cute!

Paris Pastry said...

Hmmm, yum! Like a cake-ball, only more festive!

Renata said...

I loved these chocolate puddings.. Yummy!!

Merry Christmas for you and your beautiful family!

emma wallace said...

Ooh! That looks so marvelous!

And that's so wonderful about your sister visiting you! How fun!

iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets said...

So adorable, Alicia! I'm so glad you're getting to see your sister over the holidays and wish you all the happiest New Year!

kanishk said...

I hope you and your sister have an awesome time together.

Work from home India