Monday, November 18, 2013

The mega huge quilt

Quilt Progress
So I may be officially insane. I have started a new project - a massive quilt for my bed that will be done using the English paper piecing technique. The really insane part? Each hexagon has a side length of 1", and that my friends means that I will be sewing up 2,936 hexagons for this quilt. Yep I am crazy.

Quilt Progress
I have chosen the colours based on the painting "Incarnation" by one of my favourite artists - Mark Ryden. If you enjoy a bit of pop surrealism and you haven't seen Mark Ryden's work then you really need to check it out - he is completely amazing.

Isn't it beautiful? Maybe this is where Lady Gaga got her inspiration for her meat dress from?

Quilt Progress
If you haven't heard from me in a while it may be because I have drowned in hexagons - please send help.

No comments: