Monday, December 27, 2010

Move it to lose it - Week 1

Move it to lose it - 12 Week Challenge

Starting weight: 75.2kg 
Previous weight: 75.2kg 
Current weight: 75kg

Week one of the challenge is done and I am extremely glad to have lost 200g. I know that it isn't much, but frankly the fact that I lost any weight over Christmas is a win in my opinion. I am actually quite surprised that I lost any weight at all because I ate a lot of naughty food - rum balls, cointreau balls, panforte, dips, cheeses, pate.... everything you can think of really. And not only did I eat badly but I only managed a few walks with the kids for exercise - so that wasn't too flash hot either. So I think that I can probably attribute my loss this week to breastfeeding and not much more. 

This week is going to be a different story though! Christmas is done and dusted and now it is time to get serious. So here are my goals for this week...
  • Eat reasonable portion sizes at every meal
  • Eat healthy foods - except for dessert twice in the week 
  • Drink at least 2L of water every day
  • Exercise four times
And hopefully if I can achieve these goals I will see a better loss at next week's weigh-in.

3 comments:

cocoa and coconut said...

Aw, good luck I'm sure you'll be able too. I need to exercise a tad more too! I've been eating lots of Christmas goodies and I'm worried I'll gain hehe. Trifle at midnight is not a good idea!!

abigail said...

congratulations and good luck!
I am going cross country skiing this morning to work off some of this holiday cheer.

Tracy @ Crème de la Gems said...

Congrats! Holidays are a tough time for losing too, so Cheers to you! That's great!
<3