So now that my mum lives next door to me and she has three lovely chickens it only makes sense that breakfast time should use up some of those lovely fresh eggs. The treat for today - french toast. Could there be a more scrumptious way to start the day?
French Toast (from Survival for the Active Family - Australian Institute of Sport)
1/3 cup milk
1 tbsp brown sugar
oil for cooking
4 slices bread (I used raisin toast)
strawberries, to serve
maple syrup, to serve
- Combine eggs, milk, sugar and nutmeg in medium mixing bowl.
- Heat oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Soak bread slices one at a time in egg mixture until saturated.
- Cook slices for 2 minutes each side.
- Serve with strawberries and strawberries.