So to start off this new trend, may I present to you, shock-horror..... a muffin recipe!
Pineapple and Carrot Muffins (from New Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner by Annabel Karmel)
Makes about 13 muffins
100g plain flour
100g wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt
175ml vegetable oil
75g caster sugar
125g grated carrots
225g tin crushed pineapple, drained
100g raisins (I used sultanas)
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line 2 12-hole muffin trays with paper cases.
- Sift together the flours, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt and mix well.
- Beat the oil, sugar and eggs together until well blended. Add the grated carrots, pineapple and raisins.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, beating just enough to combine all the ingredients.
- Spoon the batter into muffin trays and bake for about 25 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Me - 5/5 - not too sweet and packed full of yummy fruit
Zoe - 5/5 - everytime I get one for her there is a big 'oooooohhhh' :)