Saturday, January 8, 2011

Blog Award = Question Time

Red and Blue

The lovely Gabbi of Felinofelice passed on a blog award to me, and so I shall try my hardest to answer the ten questions that came with it...

Why did you create the blog? 
Goodness I can barely remember the reason I started my blog. I *think* it was because I wanted to start an Etsy store and I thought having a blog would be an important part of promoting said store. Obviously I never have created an Etsy store though and instead my blog seems to have become a baking blog. Not sure how that happened, but I am happy with how it has turned out (not sure my waist line is happy about it though).

What kind of blogs do you follow?
To be honest I don't actually follow many blogs at the moment. Generally I follow people that in turn read my blog as it makes me feel like I am part of a little blogging community, but I also look at crafting, decorating, kids and food blogs.

Favourite makeup brand?
I don't really wear make up but I guess I have a fair bit of Napoleon Perdis.

Favourite clothing brand?
Um yeah - I haven't bought clothes in I don't know how long. Next question.

Your indispensable makeup product?
Mascara - if I do wear any makeup at all that would probably be it. I like that it can dramatically change your look but only takes a few seconds to apply.

Your favourite colour?
Isn't it obvious? Red of course. Although funnily enough red doesn't really suit me so I just have to use The Red Deer to get my red fix.

Your perfume?
Sunflowers by Elizabeth Arden - I love that it is quite a light scent and not overpowering. It also  reminds me of summer and heading down to the beach to get a gelati.

Your favourite film?
That would have to be The Shining - I love, love, love Jack Nicholson and this by far is his best role in my opinion. I love the eerie music, the dialogue, the crazy hotel that the film is set in and the huge maze at the end.

What country would you like to visit and why?
I would really love to visit France so that I could go on a dining adventure - I would get stuck into the cheeses, breads, pastries, desserts - actually I would get into everything I think. Maybe one day if I keep on saving my (not so) hard earned pennies.

Make the last question and answer to yourself
What do you wish you had more time for? I definitely would love more time to bake up a storm (having someone to give all of the baked goodies to would also be nice) and I crave for more time to create - whether it be sketching, painting, sewing, anything really. I really hope that I can make more time for both baking and creating this year.

Okay so now to pass on the award baton to 10 lovely bloggers - Jessy, Mitsy, Michelle, Connie, Brittany, Xiaolu, Katie, Levin, Kat and Rose.

11 comments:

cocoa and coconut said...

I popped over to see if you had posted, and read your post like normal. I wanted to say congratulations and how pleased I am to see that you want to travel (and eat!) in France :)

But then..I saw you passed the award to me, among others. That is so exciting! Thank you Alicia!

Kat said...

What a great question and answer. I love things like this where you get to learn more about the person behind the blog. And thank you sooooo much for passing the award onto me. That is very kind! I agree with what you said about reading blogs of people who read yours. It is nice to have a little back and forth with people and you feel that you get to know them better. There are so many people in the blog world who I think I could be really good friends with if we met in real life.

Connie said...

I love reading blogs that are a bit more personel, you feel like you get to know people at bit better:)
And thank you so much for passing the award on to me, it's my first award in the blogging world... YEAH!

oneordinaryday said...

Thanks for thinking of me, Alicia. :) It's fun finding out more about you.

apparentlyjessy said...

Thank you for the blog award Alicia! Was interesting reading your answers, and nice knowing we have a few more things in common, found myself nodding in agreement on several questions!

Rose said...

Hey Alicia, thanks for passing the award onto me. These types of things are great to get to know other bloggers, its interesting that you created the blog with Etsy in mind, what types of things did you plan on selling? I would love to have an Etsy shop too, If only there were more hours in the day to make things :)

Rose

Talia said...

Mascara is my go-to makeup as well. In fact, I don't really wear any other makeup!

Also, I love your blog. :-) And your baking is always inspiring!!

Gabbi said...

Alicia, I loved reading more about you! I'm going to have to find me some 'Sunflowers' so I can smell it, it sounds like a gorgeous perfume. Also, with you on The Shining. It's one of my favorite scary movies also, Kubrick was genius. Lastly, your travel plans to France sound divine! You'd be such a fun travel partner! Wishing you and yours a wonderful weekend... ♥

Xiaolu said...

Thanks so much for the award, Alicia! You definitely deserved it, and I loved learning a little bit more about you :). I'll be pretty busy in the next few weeks, but I'll try to find the time to pass it on. By the way, I hope this isn't too tacky, but I'd love to be added to your blogroll. I don't have a permanent list of links on my blog. But you've long been on the streaming list of the latest posts on the blogs I follow. Thanks either way and have a lovely day!

Katie said...

Great questions and answers. Nice to see some slightly different ones to the norm. I agree with you that France sounds a wonderful place to explore. Thanks for passing it onto me!

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

So lovely to read a bit more about you! If you do wisit France, you know Belgium is not far away and culinary it's a feast too! ;)
Thanks so much for passing on the award, Alicia. I'm up to my neck in work at the moment so I hope you can forgive me for not playing along.