Friday, July 1, 2016

Back from the dead

March 2016

Please forgive me for I have sinned - it has been 937 days since my last blog post.

I feel a bit odd writing here again, but lately I have been overcome with a strong desire to get back into the blogging world. I want to re-ignite my passion for life again - get the creative juices flowing, have a place where I can (hopefully) connect with other like-minded people and share this rollercoaster of a life (even when the rollercoaster feels more like a roundabout). I'm not sure exactly what this blog will be yet, I'm just going to take it one step at a time.

So two and a half years have passed by since I was last on The Red Deer. During that time Grace has gone through kindy and is now in reception. Last time I blogged Grace was a three year old, now she is on her way to being six! She is creative, has a great sense of humour, is a sticker book addict and most importantly she loves her mummy (ha ha). Zoe is now in year 2 at school - my goodness, my big girl! I can't believe how quickly she is growing, seriously growing right before my eyes. Zoe is learning the piano, she loves to sing, read, and of course she loves her art and craft. That is one thing they both love - there is always drawing, colouring-in, gluing, sticky-taping, beading - something going on! So life with the little ladies is going well - they are both growing into such beautiful people and I am constantly amazed by them, and scared by how fast they are growing!

Life for me in the last two and half a years has been busy - of course looking after the little ladies, but also doing some part time work, volunteering, having two short-term relationships and all the little things that keep you busy. Right now I am still single-parenting, I have a job (yahoo!) at the University of Adelaide in academic support and I am getting my art and craft on!

Currently I am still working on the mega quilt - I think I am just over a quarter of the way there. I have also started a cross-stitch that I want to gift to my mum for Christmas, it has been a while since I did one and I'm really enjoying it. It seems that quilting and cross-stitch are what I am obsessed with at the moment - I am constantly thinking about patterns, fabric designs and all that fun stuff. I have so much to learn, but I am extremely keen and can't wait to get down and dirty in the textile world!

Well I think that is about it for now - and I promise (even if I am just promising to myself) that I will be back very soon - I've got to get this habit going! I'll finish up this post with a photo of the girls from every year I have been away - 2014, 2015 and 2016!

June


May 2015

March 2016

No comments: